We're Moving!!

You are probably wondering how did it happen?

     


In January of 2020 I had a conversation with my husband, Travis about doing something else outside of teaching. A few weeks later I let my decision of intent be known that i was not going to be returning for the next school year. As sad as that was to do it was also freeing in seeing what would take place next.

   


   March of 2020 I thought everything was going to be great. I had a trip to Australia planned, it was something always wanted as a young girl. I also had planned my youngest son's 7th birthday party at Chuck E.Cheese. Then the unthinkable happened the world was forced to STOP. My trip was cancelled, I'm not going to lie and say it didn't affect me. It did I was beyond upset.

 Then my focus shifted towards my youngest son and his birthday party. How would we celebrate his special day? We  were able to celebrate his day with items given to me from a party package that i had bought.

By May 2020 I was able to return back into the school building. I stayed a little longer than intended and that was okay with me. I enjoyed seeing my students faces one last time. Travis came to me one day and said that he needed to leave his current position to focus on a new ministry. The new ministry is called Ark Identity, that he had planned to launch pre-pandemic.


July of 2020 was our anniversary month, we did a staycation to celebrate. When we entered our hotel room and relaxed for a bit. Travis looked at me with no words and in my heart i knew another change was coming. Again without him saying anything I said "It's okay for us to move." We have always wanted to move to Colorado, but we thought we would wait until our oldest graduated High School in Nevada. 


By the first week in August of 2020, we had a family dinner to discuss the change with our kids.
There was shock, tears, and questions. After that dinner we had several family discussions about the move and when we would move. Eventually the kids shifted their attitudes about it, and they were excited for a change of pace and weather. In the middle of the month i began purchasing small boxes from Lowe's to start packing. Why small boxes? Small boxes were easier to stack and pack into the U-haul truck. It also helped in down sizing on items we didn't need. It actually fit the U-haul truck perfectly.


October of 2020 we were ready for our family to move to Denver,CO. It was a see you later to Vegas.

Comments

Popular Posts